Wow, I can't believe it's been four years already! Our 4th Annual CDH Awareness Day Blood Drive will be held on Thursday, March 31st from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at the same location we have been at the past two years:
Rees Masilionis Turley Architecture
Kansas City, MO 64106
1st Floor Lobby
A huge thanks to RMT for hosting our drive again this year. Without you guys, we couldn't make this happen!
Last year we had 29 donors and collected 33 units of blood. That's enough to potentially help 99 people! Two years ago, our goal was 30 donors, and we had 41 people come to donate!! You guys are awesome!
We couldn't have done it without the help of Team Kinley, and we're excited that they'll be joining us again this year. Both Kinley and Sofie are big sisters now, and their little brothers will be supporting them.
CDH babies like Sofie and Kinley often need lots of blood transfusions, and their lives depend on donors like you. Sofie received approximately 40-50 transfusions of blood and blood products like platelets while she was on ECMO. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for generous people who volunteered to donate blood.
I know many of you have donated several times in honor of Sofie, and that means a lot to us. Thank you! If you've never donated, please consider it. The first time I donated blood was at our drive two years ago, and it was so easy! Each donation yields about one pint of blood, which can help up to three people in need of blood or blood products. Be somebody's hero!
You can sign up for our drive online. It's quick and easy...
- Log on to www.savealifenow.org If you haven't registered already, you will need to register before you can sign up.
- Select "Schedule an Appointment" on the right side of the screen.
- Find the drive by entering sponsor code "sofia".
- Click on our drive, which is listed as "Rees Masilionis Turley Architecture 1st Floor Lobby"
- Click the "schedule" link to the right of the time slot you want to sign up for. You will receive a confirmation once your appointment is scheduled.
If you aren't able or don't wish to sign up online, I can sign you up. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your zip code
- Your email address or phone number
- The time slot you prefer (1st and 2nd choices)
Here is a LINK to the sign-up schedule, so you can see which time slots are still available. If the time slot you want is already full, please email me. We can make it work!
A link to this post will remain at the top of the left column until after the blood drive for easy reference. Hope to see you on March 31st!!